Thanks Cuddl Duds and Bon-Ton for sponsoring this post.
Like any lifestyle blogger, I love fall! Pumpkin spice! Pumpkin patches! Harvesting raspberries and pumpkins from my own garden! But ya gotta be warm while you do all that fun fall stuff.
As a native Minnesotan, I’ve learned how to layer to stay warm. And believe me, when it’s 20 below zero degrees Fahrenheit, the goal is to STAY WARM. (But also to look somewhat cute and be comfortable while staying warm.)
Live in Layers
Ways to layer up this fall!
- Throw a soft, plushy vest over a turtleneck or sweater
- Don’t forget a scarf! Worn draped over your shoulders like I’ve done here, it’s like bringing a little blanket around wherever you go!
- Use soft, stretchy leggings like Cuddl Duds (available at Bon-Ton and online) under jeans or pants for extra warmth
- Add a base layer like Cuddl Duds cowl neck under sweaters (thumb holes give extra hand warmth)
- Tie all the layers together visually with a fun decorative pin. This adds a flair of personality and dresses up your layers. I got this pheasant pin practically free at a rummage sale.
Layering with Cuddl Duds
I am a big, big fan of Cuddl Duds leggings. The waistband is so comfortable, you guys. You don’t even notice it! They’re made with modal and spandex so they’re soooo stretchy. When winter comes, they’ve got you covered in every way. Wear them to bed, under a dress or tunic, and as long underwear under pants.
I went basic for this post, but the brand also has patterned leggings for a pop of fun! I wore a patterned pair in California and got tons of compliments even at the super upscale Stanford Shopping Center.
And now I tried for the first time a Cuddl Duds top, which has a cowl neck and flattering cut. Remember to layer! Throw on a fuzzy vest, a cardigan, another pair of pants over the leggings when it gets REALLY cold.
Have you done any fall things like picking pumpkins yet?