I got the opportunity to take part in San Francisco’s 5th Annual Tech Fashion Week and I’m so excited to share a little bit about the experience. The above picture is of my co-panelists at the Fashion Bloggers Connect event. They traveled from as far away as Hungary just to be there! When I was preparing for the panel, I thought my experiences and insights as a blogger were unique and different. Turns out, there was a lot of commonality in what each influencer shared. A few highlights we covered in the panel:
5 Insights from Fashion Bloggers Connect
- Engagement is going to be the next important metric in blogging.
- Video is increasing in influencer importance.
- Starting an Instagram account first to grow your following is now a valid way to start a blog.
- Followers are interested in who you are and your story–not just what you’re wearing.
- Blogging is a type of journalism, so we have to keep up those standards. We also deserve to be fairly compensated.
There were so many bits of wisdom imparted by these influential ladies! I was so impressed by what they shared and humbled to be part of it.
Fashion Industry Awards
Awards honoring local talent in the industry were announced at opening night to stylists, models and designers in the San Francisco area.
Tech Fashion Week Shows
The week had multiple fashion shows showcasing local talent as well. All the events happened at different spaces around the city. Opening night was held in a hair studio after hours, with a loft for the models to descend from for the runway show.
The models were local men and women, some who actually work in tech and were made over into models for the evening.
This is just such a sliver of all the happenings at Tech Fashion Week 2017. If you can make it next year I highly recommend checking it out!