I can’t scroll my Facebook feed these days without seeing multiple posts about LuLaRoe fashions. Out and about I’ve seen women wearing it everywhere, even at the Minnesota Blogger Conference. So I decided it was time to try it for myself. With the help of my friend Hanna in Michigan, I tried styling LuLaRoe leggings and a dress and I’m reporting back to you on how you can try it yourself–and snag a super exclusive deal on your first order! I’m especially excited to share my styling tip of fishnets over LuLaRoe leggings further on in the post.
LuLa-what? You kind of have to learn new lingo for this brand, so let me help you out. I learned about:
- Where it’s sold. It’s direct sale, so when you shop you’re supporting Stay at Home Moms who run their own LuLaRoe businesses out of their homes. You can buy online through Facebook groups (join Hanna’s here), at home parties or at pop-up shops.
- Patterns. The brand is for its patterned leggings–which come in motifs from dragons to piano keyboards. The patterns are limited edition, so you likely won’t see anyone else wearing the same ones as you (pro) but it can be hard to locate a specific pattern (con). Not to worry if you’re more of a solids and basics gal–there are classic black leggings and almost everything comes in solid colors, too.
- The fabric. I am partial to natural fibers, so what I was most reluctant about was the poly/spandex content. When I tried the leggings and dresses I realized why these are worth breaking my rule for: not only is the fabric is super soft, but the dresses fall just the right way so they are flattering without being tight. And the leggings stretch over your curves without getting stretched out.
- Sizing. Finding the right LuLaRoe size is easy in leggings: there are only two sizes, One Size (OS) for sizes 0-10 and Tall Curvy (TC) for sizes 12+. There are also kids’ sizes for your mini-me. For tops and dresses, I suggest asking a consultant to help as they are experts on their product. It runs large in my opinion–Hanna picked out a size XXS Carly dress for me, and it fit beautifully although I am definitely not a size XXS in any other brand.
- The fit. No thigh gap? No problem! The stretch kind of holds you in for an outfit that’s forgiving, flattering and fun.
If you’re new to shopping with Hanna Serena, she has an exclusive deal for my readers. Get a coupon AND free U.S. shipping on your order. I don’t get any kickback from this, I’m just offering it as a perk if you want to try some soft leggings. Head to LuLaRoe Hanna Serena and tell her you found it through me.
This brand is designed for mix-and-match. Although you can totally wear head-to-toe ‘Roe, I like pairing them with other things in my closet for endless new looks. For this look, I used fishnets over LuLaRoe solid leggings to make a whole new look! I felt like it dressed up the casual outfit a bit too.
Fishnets Over LuLaRoe
You can see from the photos in this post that I wore the same Carly dress and solid leggings and switched up the color of the accessories (white vs. pink scarf, black vs. pink fishnets) for two totally different looks: