Following my last fall style post, which focused on classic fall style, this post is all about vintage and 70s style inspiration. The muted colors and warm browns of the era fit easily with fall’s color palette. And this season, 70s style inspiration is weaving its way back into style. Not everything about 70s style was good, but here are a few elements that celebrate it without going too overboard.
Elements of 70s inspired style
1. Brown tones. In this outfit I mixed various shades of browns and burgundies. You can mix and match neutrals of all kinds this season.
2. Loose fitting tops. This vintage peasant blouse I like for its vibrant color and unique embroidery on the front.
3. Fringe moccasins. Fringe is more popular than ever, so embrace your inner flower child with fringed suede accents. Though here I substituted leaves for flowers in my hair–for the photos only 🙂
4. Braids! Braids were a hair style staple of many eras, but they featured very predominantly in the 70s.To do this hairstyle I made two loose French braids using my bangs on either side of my part, then transitioned to regular braiding at ear level and then pinned the braids back. It’s a super easy style!
5. Tights. So I’m actually not sure this is a 70s style inspiration, but with so many fun colors and patterns of tights available this season, why not?
Even if you don’t have a vintage top, below you can check out links to where to find similar items to make your own 70s style inspiration ensemble. Most of the pieces you can find for a steal (even a Burberry skirt!). Outfit Details
Boots – Minnetonka Moccasin / Skirt – Similar from Burberry, heavily discounted on consignment / Top – Vintage, Similar from Macy’s / Tights – Similar from Modcloth
What elements of 70s style inspiration are you incorporating this season?